CHILDLINE 1098 SERVICE » CHILDLINE Advisory Board
CHILDLINE Advisory Board (CAB)
The CAB is the principal policy-making body of CHILDLINE at the city/ district level and is responsible for ensuring the effective functioning of CHILDLINE. The board comprises of government officials, NGOs, corporates and concerned individuals. The key functions of the CAB are to review the functioning of CHILDLINE and suggest measures to enhance the service. This would include:
- Monitoring the quality of service provided by CHILDLINE by reviewing calls received and response strategies
- Ensuring that there is a co-ordination between government departments and NGOs in responding to the children in need of care and protection.
- Taking measures to ensure that there are adequate services for children in need of care and protection
- Planning the training strategies for the Allied Systems as part of the National Initiative for Child Protection, (NICP) and reviewing the budget for the same.
- Suggesting measures to address problems and issues faced by CHILDLINE
While the composition of the CAB in each city/district may differ, the suggested members on the CAB include: Social Welfare Department/ Women and Child Development, Municipal Corporation, Police, Health, Juvenile Justice, Railways, Media, Education, Telecommunication, Other NGO networks, Representatives from the CHILDLINE nodal, collaborative, support and resource organisations.
CAB Meets »